Thursday, July 07, 2005

"Nightmare"


My heart is full of aching fear
Not knowing where my life will steer
My sleep is full of restless dreams
I'm troubled as to what it means
My waking moments are filled with dread
Of wondering where my nightmare lead
I can't remember what is I meet
But I spend my days in fear of sleep
The nightmare dies before the dawn
And lays cloudless in a mindless storm
I fight my mind to understand
The fear that stalks my slumberland
Evening time and my fear it darkens
With tired eyes my soul it beckons
I surrender to sleep its reckoning time
I wonder if I'll wake in control of my mind
My dreams lead me to a frightning place
The evils of thr night to face
I contemplate fear as I slip down further
And try to hide my self far under the covers
As the fear it grips. it starts the chase
Will I ever be able to win this race
It claws at me within the black
I feel it tighten until I am trapped
Gasping and choking I drown in the night
Always struggling to see the light
The light becomes stronger the more that I fight
Yet I fear somehow I won't survive this night
I awake shivering in sweat soaked sheets
Wondering how I accomplishe this great feat
I'll spend my days in fear of sleeping
Until it decides my soul is for keeping
Kassie

No comments: